
I have usually had negative interactions with people who work at the gym I would say the same is true for Police. There seems to be this need for ultimate submission and compliance for these two groups of workers. I will say that I am usually less then courteous when interacting with the Police and I can see dealing with idiots all day who don't listen and having to hear one doughnut joke after another would get annoying but what excuse do gym workers have to behave in a condescending, arrogant, and abrasive manor.
A few years ago I was visiting my brother out west and we went to his gym. I had mud on my shoes I tried to wipe them off on the pathetic excuse of a floor mat they had but the mud didn't come off and I didn't think to take them off and lick them clean. After working out for half an hour my brother and I noticed that there was a trail of mud and dried dirt at every piece of work out equipment we had been at and worse there was a trail of bread crumbs leading right to me and even worse was there were very few people in the gym. I went into the locker room to clean them off and then the manager who was this huge muscle-y guy walked in and looked at me and said, "Because of you I have mud all over my gym." For some reason this made me laugh which he didn't care for and then I said something along the lines of, "What do you think I am doing in here? I am cleaning my shoes, do you really think I did that on purpose." Then, I finished my work out making sure to give him dirty looks and saying things to make him mad during the rest of my work out. My brother and I would start our annoying comments with, "Because of you." But I really don't get it. They have this little person who walks around all day with a broom and dust pan or bottle and rag and cleans. Great, now they are making their money.
One of my brothers had a good story about the gym and hopefully he will indulge us by telling it.
For those of you who don't know, I invented a machine that can look into the future and take pictures, and this picture is one I took of my brother Tom.

3 comments:
I love that story. I still laugh every time I hear someone start a sentence with, "Because of you ..."
It may be because I can only see a small sized picture here, but from what I see the picture screams Chris much more than Tom.
You right I thought so too but since Tom and Chris looked so much a like when they were babies the same would be true when they are crusty old men.
Post a Comment