Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Battle Of The Hallway.

My second duty is on Thursday. My job is to make sure that no students pass through the first grade hallway. This is a serious issue, because the hallway is between the lunch room and a short cut out to the playground. What often happens is that the students will run out of the cafeteria and out of the doors at the end of the hall that lead to the playground. This is a problem for 2 reasons: one - it is dangerous for the older kids to run around the hall that first graders are in. And two - the older kids are too loud and disrupt the first grader’s lessons. My mission is to stop all the kids from using the first grade hall during lunch. My first battle went very well. As the kids came pouring out of the cafeteria, a fellow soldier directed them to the correct exit to the playground. I was able to hang back in front of the hallway and pick off any students that were sneaky enough to get around the first line. The students then sent Special Forces to the second floor and down the back stairs, but I anticipated this move and quickly covered my rear by blocking the students from exiting or disrupting the first grade teacher. The first wave was a victory, but when it came time for the students to come back inside, they try to cut through the hall again. I countered this by hiding by the door on the inside and when the students came up to the door did a surprise attack and jumped out. They would be startled and I sent them to the right entrance. Mission accomplished…today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found out you had your own blog. I'm setting one up also. Maybe this will be better then constant emails. I'm trying to move now and will soon download the software to talk to you. And I'm taking bets to see if you get fired for strange and unusual teaching tacticts