Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hero for a Day

I am a hero now. At least in the eyes of my 5th graders. It started to snow early today and my kids were having trouble listening during the lesson. Their eyes were glued to the window watching the huge flakes float through the air. By the time my last lesson of the day came around the ground and trees were covered in white and my students were even more distracted, so I breezed through my lesson got the kids geared up and brought them outside. As soon as they stepped outside a spontaneous snow ball fight erupted. After ten minutes they were cold and tired and came in. I brought them back to class right as the bell was ringing for the break. The other students saw that my kids were covered in snow and got really jealous. When back in the class my kids started to chant, "Mr. Clark, Mr. Clark". I was trying to quiet them down, so the home room teacher wouldn't find out, but it was to late, the home room teacher came in and realized what was going on after looking at the kids and sneering at the water that was left on the ground. I told the kids I would see them later and took off.
It is is nice to be a hero for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very fun ~ thanks for the smiles:)