The other day I was walking across the room to put 30 diapers away I was holding in my arms. On my walk over to the diaper cabinet I saw Celine sitting on the floor going through some stuff. I decided to drop the diapers on her head while singing, It's raining diapers. She laughed but I think it was because she didn't know what else to do.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
next time use dirty diapers then she will definately know what to do
I'm so happy Katie is out of diapers. We still have to wipe her but that's a lot better than cleaning a smooshed mess.
My response has prompted me to raise a question. The word "smoosh" isn't a word apparently. I also tried "smush" but that didn't work either. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what word I'm trying to spell to no avail right now. Does anyone have any idea as to what I'm doing wrong here? What other word accurately describes the mess you find when first opening a dirty diaper? Celine better have an answer since she's an english teacher.
Your right it is spelled smoosh, but it is an infomral word, which is probably why you didn't find it in the dictionary or spell checker you were using.
i concur with eoylston and recondo. it is annoying that MSWord not recognize this word as an accurate spelling.
however, smush can also be deemed accurate as a colleague of mine recently discovered. this is why i love the english language - i can make up my own rules if i want to -- and i do want to.
I'm just really surprised that this is a slang word. I always thought smoosh was an actual word.
It's not slang just informal, which means it's a word that is not found in a standard dictionary and or you wouldn't use it while writing an important paper.
Post a Comment