After being back for two weeks, I have been reminded of all the things I didn't miss. Since I set foot on the tarmac, I have been attacked for my nationality, religion, and gender. In the words of a great man, "I'm tired of it." It is really difficult being singled out on a daily basis.
One of the biggest battles is that I am the only man in an office of 10 and one of 2 men in a department of 21. On a daily basis I get comments like, "All right ladies...and GENTLMAN" and then everyone looks at me waiting to see my response, and I give a chuckle even though this is my second year and the eightieth time we have all heard the joke.
For the past week I have been dressing like a slob to work, because the kids aren't here, but we had our parents meeting the other day, so I actually wore a tie. As soon as I walked into the office I was getting cat called and whistled at. It is very uncomfortable to enter a room in this way. I think it is funny if I was the one doing this to the women. I would probably get fired.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Under Fire!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment