Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Norm McDonald

I was in another less effective meeting the other day. The Dean, counselor, and all of the teachers for the class were there. I am still unsure about the point of the meeting, because all the teachers did was complain about the kids and then the meeting was over with no goals or resolutions on how to improve the students' education.

Anyway the counselor at one point said that if a student is professionally diagnosed with a learning disability, but the student gets above a 70% then the diagnosis was wrong and the student does not have a learning disability.

Wow! That's great news. I guess after all the years of struggling through school, I don't have a learning disability after all, maybe I was just lazy. Thank goodness this counselor was there to set things straight. I better tell the world about this. What a breakthrough in educational psychology.

I will say, it may be that something got lost in translation because the translator who was translating the meeting for me would wait 5 minutes and then give me a one sentence summary of what was said. I think her translation of the counselor was accurate though because they have come up with other ingenious ideas and insights very similar to this one before.

2 comments:

Eoylston said...

I'll probably look foolish with this question, it may just be a result of my limited exposure to tv and movies, but what's this have to do with Norm Mcdonald?

Recondo said...

Good question I am not really sure. I think it had somehting to do with his weekend update skit and the part where he would blame everything on Frank Stallone.