Although giving Calvin a bath has become easier, it is still very difficult to wash his hair. He will sit and play in the bathtub by himself for 20 minutes then I will tell him bath time is over. At this time I soap him down and rinse him off and every other day I wash his hair. At the end of every bath when I start to soap him up he looks at me and very seriously tells me, "Daddy no wash my hair.ok?...ok daddy. no wash my hair...OK." His pleas become more desperate the longer I wait to respond. On the days I inform him that I will not wash his hair he is ecstatic but for those unlucky days when I tell him we have to wash his hair he becomes very distraught and when I actually do wash his hair I feel like I am an interrogator performing some kind of water boarding torture. I am sure the neighbors think the same thing when they hear Calvin cry and complain about getting his hair washed but as soon as it's over he is right as rain and ready to go downstairs and watch "Monster Buster Club" ((his TV program) and drink his milk. Anyway the point of the post is that to combat this situation I have purchased a snorkeling mask to avoid any soap or water from getting in his eyes while washing his hair. I have yet to implement the new weapon though because while he will put on the mask in the tub he will not let me wash his hair with it on.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i think i mentioned this, but a bath every day seems crazy. how about you just lick his head a few times? it works for gorillas
Post a Comment