Monday, February 16, 2009

Thanks But No Thanks!

Why do people get offended when I don't want their stuff? Too often when I refuse people's hospitality they get angry at me. If someone offers me food, gum, or some other item and I don't want it I will say in a polite voice, "No thanks." To which I get the following responses, "Come on" "You know you want it" "You can save it for later" "Don't be shy" etc. Well guess what foolio, if I wanted it I would have taken it, so no I don't want your gross gum that you pulled out of your too tight jeans and why would I carry around an Oreo cookie to eat at some future date and if there is one thing I am not shy about it is accepting things for free - especially food. So if I don't accept your goods it might be because of the following reasons...

1. You are gross, therefore it is only logical your goods are tainted.

2. I am not hungry or do not desire another pillow to lay on. One pillow is enough and by the way you can leave it on the ground if you want but it will just stay there all night.

3. I don't want to feel indebted to you, so when I have way better food I don't feel obliged to share.

4. I can go get my own goods if I want. Yea, that's right - because I am an adult now and if I want to go get some candy or a soda I will get in my car and go get it so stop trying to push your imitation root beer on me. It's nasty, and if I want to get root beer I will go get A&W from the store.

5. I just plain don't like you.


I understand the obligatory polite question if I would like to share or partake in something you have, but when I respond with the obligatory and polite decline of said item don't get huffy with me or I will go Woolbebazerk style all over you - sucker.

2 comments:

Lou said...

I feel your pain, join a nanny pow wow once in a while, you'll see how huffy it can really get

Brittany said...

This one happens to me all the time. Mostly because people offer me gross food that I don't want. It usually ends with me being made fun of for being "too skinny" or "needing meat on my bones" or whatever fatter people say to make fun of smaller people.