Friday, October 5, 2007

The Schedule

I talked to my brother the other day and he had a lot of questions about what I do during the day, so I am going to give you an outline of what my day is like.

5:30 wake up and work out (Celine and I worked out a system where I would get up early in the morning, so I could work out. At that time Calvin was sleeping until 7:00, so Celine agreed to this. For past few days he has been getting up shortly after me, so I feel re-negotiations are coming. I must admit my negotiaton skills were not very good when I first got married, but have drastically improved over the past 4 years of being in the trenches.

7:45 Get ready for work

7:50 Elif the nanny comes and we do our goodbye routine

8:00 At the office checking emails and clearing off my desk

8:10 to 3:30 work: I leave different time each day, but this is the average. I teach 4 periods a day and have a total of 5 classes. There are 24 students in a class and I see 12 at a time. It's called "splits class" and it is so the studnets can get a more concentrated contact with English. I also have an endless number of meetings.

3:30 to 8:00 Monday and Wednesday: Shop, go to the park or for a walk, eat dinner. We also have a potato night most Wednesday nights where we all meet at the Social Center for a little pot luck.

8:00 Calvin's bedtime routine

8:30 to 930: Free Time

9:30 sleep

Exceptions:

Tuesday and Thursday

4:30 to 6:00 I watch Calvin and Celine goes to Turkish class

6:00 to 7:45 I'm at Turkish class and Celine watches Calvin

Weekend

Friday night: Hang at home or Celine and I will take turns going out (Mall, movie, ect.)

Saturday: Shop or go on a outing to the city.

Sunday:

9:30 arrive at Taksim

9:30 to 11:30 hang out

12:00 to 2:00 church - just down the street from where we are dropped off

2:30 to 8:00 hang out at home or go for walk and eat dinner

2 comments:

Pat said...

I found your schedule interesting. I'd been wondering about that, too. What is the time difference between the east coast of the US and Istanbul?? I'm too lazy to look it up....LOL

Anonymous said...

Not sure how my maiden name is showing up on some of my comments....last name should be Casadei.....not my maiden name of Riker....kind of weird for that to be happening as there weren't even personal computers when I still carried my maiden name SO many years ago. LOL