Wars have historically been fought over the same reasons. 1. Access to resources 2. Ethnic differences 3. Religious differences. It is the first one that I find myself battling right now. We have a large, blue water bottle in our office that we all use. However, when it is empty, someone needs to open the new one and take off the pump from the old one and put it on the new one. There are water machines, but they cost money and the school doesn't provide them, so we use the ghetto version.
Here is what I have to battle weekly: I am the only one who changes the pump. At first I did not mind, but after a few weeks I notice that I am the only one who changes it, and it is getting old. What really bothers me is that I think people purposefully wait for me to do it. I think their feeling is that I am a man, so I should do this labor.
Mark my words - the day will come when I will no longer change the pump!
Sunday, October 7, 2007
The Water Hole
Labels:
The War at Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment