Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Night Night Time

I miss the good old days when it was bed time and I just got to dump Calvin in his crib. Now I have to go through this elaborate routine, which actually starts when I get home.
When I get home I will try to get Calvin good and tired by running around the house or outside with him.
Then it is time for dinner. I have to make sure he eats enough or he will wake up early, because he is hungry.
Next is bath time. This has been a big problem lately, because every time I give him a bath he poops in the water. It is really gross cleaning up poo in the bath.
Next is popcorn and a movie or Simpsons. We have evolved from the Simpsons to watching clips from Monsters Inc. The Incredibles and other good films. This is also a good activity, because it is the only thing that calms him down before bed.
After the movie it is finally bed time. I bring him up stairs with his milk and we read Good Night Moon and How Does a Dinosaur Eat All His Food. We follow this up with a prayer and then a short story. I will then lay down with Calvin for a few minutes...to try to keep him self awake he will shake his head, sing, or rub my hair and or face. Then he give me a good night kiss and hug and I leave. If all the elements of his routine were in place it is usually a easy transition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hear ya bro it is funny, crazy, and sometimes frustrating how kids don't like deveation from their routine. the poo in the bath is gross but funny to me.