Two men broke into our house last night. At about 4am, two men cut a hole in the barbed wire fence around our campus and slipped past security. They went along the road checking back doors to see if any were unlocked. We left our door unlocked and so did our neighbors.
Celine answered our phone at 5:45 and was told that a burglar had been in some of the lojmans and our back door was opened, so she told me to go down stairs to check, so I bolted down the stairs to see if anyone was still around, but they had already gone.
Later, we learned that they were at our house first and then went to our neighbors who heard a noise and yelled at the two men as they escaped from their home. Our neighbor saw one of the robber's faces as he was running up the stairs.
The cops and campus security came by, and I gave a statement and a list of things that were stolen. The list was short my wallet and Celine's camera. (She almost cried)
Later, I went through the hole in the fence in search of evidence. I found none, but I will go back later and continue my search down the dirt road that leads to a village. I will find these villains and bring them to justice. When I say Justice, I am talking Jack Bauer justice.
There was an Italian artist who was murdered a week ago about a 20 minute drive from campus. Maybe we should have started locking our door then. Lesson learned.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Strangers In The Night
Labels:
Battles From the Home Front
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
thats really scary!! i hope you guys find out who stole from you and get your stuff back! puffy fool i wrote you an email weeks ago. call or email my face ok bye
That sucks, what do you mean almost cried? I would certainly have cried if I lost that camera but I guess it's good that at no one got hurt.
call if you need back up for this vigalante mission
Post a Comment