Tuesday, May 6, 2008

3 Parts Fool


I had an unfortunate realization the other day. I have been watching a lot of tv shows online and have realized that I am a mixture of three tv characters. It is unfortunate, because I have noticed the negative qualities I possess from these characters in myself.

The first is John Dorian from scrubs. I am not funny like him, but I do spend most of my day dreaming about stupid things, like if I became a vigilante to capture the burglars who burgled my house.



The second is Gregory House from House. I am not super-smart or witty like he is, but I do dislike physical contact and the inherent annoyance of people. I try not to be like this, but it is a struggle everyday. I also have an addiction - I pop gum like house pops pills.



The third person is Michael Scott from the Office. This was truly disappointing. I think I am most like him: a true idiot who does and says idiotic things all day, everyday. Also an inflated ego that routinely gets put in check -usually in an embarrassing way. He is oblivious to his moronic ways until, on occasionm when it becomes overwhelmingly obvious what he's all about. We both never learn from our mistakes and continue to bulldoze through life.


I finally figured out I am nothing like Jack Bauer.

2 comments:

phillyz said...

i don't know about the first guy but i agree with the house comparison and completely disagree with the Michael Scott comparison, actually i think you are more like Jim- practical, a joker, enjoy a good laugh at someone but still care about them, enjoys the ridiculousness of others

The Donkey said...

I would have picked 3 different people: Dr Moreau, Creed, and Ron Jeremy