Thursday, May 15, 2008

Extreme Journalism

I don't think it is appropriate when a TV journalist takes aggressive and extreme approaches to the news. I think it is wrong, because they are pushing their idea and beliefs on their viewers who will take them as fact. An example of this is the recent comments made by Olbermann...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/14/olbermann-to-bush-this-wa_n_101831.html

He goes on for 12 minutes bashing President Bush and the current administration. He is almost yelling and acting half-crazed as he makes grandeous statements providing almost no facts to his statements. Don't get me wrong I don't agree with most of President Bush's decisions. I didn't vote for him in either election and knew he would not live up to his promises and he would do greater harm than good.

I just have a problem with a journalist going on TV and acting like a spoiled brat and lashing out at an easy target to either get ratings or to get pay back for being picked on as a kid.

Also check out Bill O'Reilly...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/12/bill-oreilly-on-inside-ed_n_101267.html

No comments: