As Calvin grows older and more sophisticated, I come up with more sophisticated ways to entertain myself while trying to also entertain him.
Today, I was in an elevator with Calvin that had a mirror on one side. While we were looking in the mirror at our reflections, I decided to help Calvin's imagination by introducing him to his mirror, alter ego "Bobby." For the rest of the day, every time we saw our reflections, I would say, "There's Bobby again, say hi." He would then respond with, "No that's me." After a while he decided to play along and entertain his old man. He now has a good relationship with "Bobby" and sometimes even asks to say hi to him. By the way, my mirror alter ego's name is Joe.
He didn't want anymore pictures taken of Bobby.
3 comments:
I advise against this. I have tried to create alter egos for my kids and it has come back to haunt me every time.
can i get a profile for joe and bobby
i haven't looked in a mirror since i was thirteen (that's when i saw "poltergeist")
Post a Comment