A few years ago Jimmy Falon had a funny skit on SNL called the "Nick Burns The Computer Guy". Well I ran into the real life version of him at work. I run the movie club, so every Thursday I set the movie up before the kids get there.
This past Thursday the door was locked, so I had to go to the computer guy to get him to open it. He said he would and then started to walk incredibly fast to the conference room where we show the movies. He was taking two steps at a time up the stairs case. I don't know what his rush was but after he opened the door and we both went to the DVD player he grabbed the DVD from my hand and started to set stuff up. It was really annoying because every time I tried to do something like start the movie, fix the volume, or turn on the subtitles he was there literally taking the remote out of my hand and trying to do it.
The real annoying part was this guy had no idea how to use it because he is not the computer guy who usually works with it. I couldn't tell him to bugger off because he didn't really speak English. I guess the moral of the story is the annoying computer guy is not limited to any border.
I bet he wouldn't have treated Jack like that.

No comments:
Post a Comment