Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Last Man Standing

I have recently been told that I need to stay an extra hour on Wednesdays to teach study hall. The study hall was designed to help the students with their English. The real reason why the school is providing the study hall is so they can claim they did all the could when the law suites come from the parents. The parents always sue if their kid fails the 8th grade English exam.
I have been chosen to do the study hall because I live on campus and do not have a hour long commute home. At first I rejected this and told them I would not do it. After thinking about it for a while I decided to do it, because the school can be very sneaky about stuff.
The person in charge of study hall is all gun ho about it, but it is really lame and the kids miss behave, so she is trying to go crazy with it. I told her I would show up for the study hall, but I would do zero work for study hall outside of the hour, so that is how it was left after the heated meeting I had the other day.
I think a lot of the women were surprised to see that side of me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fight the good fight brother

celine said...

work in Turkey = 24/7
work in the US = 8/5