Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fighting Addiction

I have an extremely addictive personality. Right now I am fighting my gum addiction. This may not seem like a big deal, but gum is really bad for your teeth and jaw particulary your TMJ (temporal mandibular joint). I was on the wagon for a few months, but I fell off due to the stress at work. These kids are killing me.

Examples:
We had an earthquake drill yesterday. When the alarm went off the kids started running around the room screaming and then jumped under the tables where they started to wreslte and fight with each other. After the alarm stopped we lined up to go outside, but when we were outside the kids started to run around attacking each other with sticks and jumping in bushes. On the way back inside, the kids were running and playing on the playground equipment like it was recess. The was the same day that one of the kids from a colleagues class ran out of her room and decided to play hide seek, so the entire English departnment and a lot of the administrators were chasing him around the school.

Gum Preferences:
Trident is my favorite the pina colada flavor is really good.
Orbitz is a good substitute to Trident.
First is a brand that I chew out here. It is like Orbitz but not as good.
Big League Chew was my favorite as a kid. I still chew it once a year.
Bazooka was good but just for the comics.

Sometimes I find myself chewing so much gum that I get a headache. I haven't been able to find a good healthy substitute for my gum chewing addicition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about you chew on my fist

phillyz said...

try pooh it's easy to give up