Day 5
6:00-I woke up with Calvin and made breakfast.
8:00-Another nice goodbye.
1:30-The wife and I get on a bus to go to the doctors.
3:00-I can't take being nice and positive anymore. I give up and tell the wife about the mission and what's been going on. She was actually not too mad.
The Debriefing:
Over the last four and a half days I dedicated every moment to being the perfect husband. I discovered that my actions and attitudes affect my wifes happiness. I was able to successfully increase her happiness, but that did not result in her treating me any different or increasing my happiness.
Before the mission I put 55% effort into being a good husband and she put 65% into being a good wife. During the mission I put in 100% and she put in 60%. So in economic terms I did not get a positive return on my investment. As sad as it is it does not pay to be nice.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Day 5 of Op and Debriefing
Labels:
Battles From the Home Front
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this is truly groundbreaking research, i think i will cite it in future discussions
i could have told you this. wait for my new research study: does taking a dump on the kitchen floor equate to a better dinner
Post a Comment