Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm The Super Hero

I have a co-worker who I share a classroom and create lesson plans with, because we teach the same grade and subject. She is a petite woman my age. The other day we were organizing our room. We were putting boxes on top of a cabinet in the classroom, and she had to stand on her tip toes to reach. Then, she was moving small book shelves and had to lean into it and push with all her might to move it. Then it needed to be moved across the room, so I picked it up and carried it across the room which caused her to gasp and laugh and then called me Hercules, but I told her I preferred He-Man. Then on the way back to class I helped a student carry something heavy up the stairs, and then I said well I guess I am more like Superman.

Whenever I am in situations where I have incredible strength compared to the person I am next to, which has happened maybe 3 times in my life, I am reminded of a stand-up comic bit where he said he liked going to his grandma's house and picking up objects just to hear her scream and gasp that he shouldn't pick up such heavy objects, but the heavy object would be a chair or garbage can. I guess after going to the gym to make myself feel better, I should go to an old folk's home and strut my stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can pick up your own girth that is truly something to be amazed about.
Tom

Brittany said...

I totally know the comedian you are talking about. His name is Nicholas and he would unload his grandma's groceries. And when you lifted the milk by himself she screamed, "Nicholas!" Haha I quote that one all the time. The way he said it was so funny.