Friday, March 28, 2008

The Great Escape

To keep my kids in line I give them detention during their recess. The 5th graders have a detention room where they are supposed to go, but I have noticed that they skip lunch and run out the back doors to avoid detention. I have countered this by waiting outside near the playground or going out and nabbing them when they are outside already.
My second graders don't have a detention room, so I have to go locate them on the playground and sit on a bench with them during their break.
The students have responded to my attempts at bringing them to justice by setting up a sophisticated alert system. The student in question will hide in the far away soccer field while look outs are posted around the playground. When I come out they will motion that I am coming allowing the student in question to escape, but I have since identified their escape routes and have had a 100% capture rate in the past two weeks.

2 comments:

phillyz said...

"treat them like the evil hard-bitten criminal scum they are" who said it?

Lou said...

i guess your not doing that great of a job at teaching them, they all sound pretty stupid to me